PALLET RACK ADD-ON UNIT (TEARDROP)
Conveniently increase the capacity of your pallet racking with add-on units
Pallet rack add-on units come in various heights and depths to suit the original unit. Each unit consists of a single frame, as it is connected to the upright frame of the existing system, and two or three load levels depending on the height.
- 1 each – Assembled, blue bolted teardrop upright
- Pallet rack beam load levels
- 2 each – Load levels for bays as high as 144”
- 3 each – Load levels for bays 192” – 240” high
Things to consider when ordering:
- Size and weight of the pallet
- Standard GMA pallet size is 40” x 48”
- Height clearances in order to lift the pallet load off the beam shelf level
- Forklift height availability
Clearance between pallets and posts
Each pallet should be positioned 3" or 4" from any adjacent post or pallet, unless the bay has a 3 pallet width. In this case, a 5" clearance should be providen between pallets and 4" between post and pallet.
The distance from the top of the pallet load overhead is 4" to 6". The pallet must extend 3" beyond the frame depth on either side to ensure proper pallet support.
- Blue assembled, bolted, teardop upright frame
- 2” shelf level adjustments
- 3” wide columns
- 15 GA steel for heights of 96”, 120” and 144”
- 14 GA steel for heights of 192” and 240”
- Footplates allow anchoring to the ground
- Orange, teardrop step beams
- Piston lock connectors
- 16 GA steel
- Cataphoresis painting process
- Long lasting paint finish with anti-corrosion
- For non-seismic areas only
- RMI (Rack Manufacturers Institute) Certified
Shipping and Handling
The pallet rack add-on unit will not fit on a standard freight carrier’s liftgate. This product must be removed off of the freight carrier’s truck with a forklift.
The best choice for heavy loads
Shelving Direct’s teardrop pallet racking is known for its flexibility, as they can handily adapt to load and space requirements.
|Delivery term||Estimated manufacturing lead time 1 - 3 months.|
|Height||120 '', 144 '', 168 '', 192 '', 240 '', 96 ''|
|Width||108 '', 120 '', 144 '', 96 ''|
|Used for||Storage, Heavy loads|
|Location||Warehouse, Factory, Workshop|
|Product layout||2 levels, 3 levels|